Friday, 28 February 2014

Getting Healthier

Hello everybody,
I am so sorry that I have been away for ages! 
School is literally taking up all my time right now so I haven't had the time to write a blog post.
I will definitely try to blog more this week but I can't promise anything xx

As you may have guessed by the title this post is about getting healthier and fitter.
At the beginning of the year Louise (sprinkleofglitter) startet a thing called #glittergetsfitter (mostly on instagram) because her New year's resolution was to get fitter which is amazing !
She motivated me to get fitter and healthier as well which didn't work out that well at first.
I exercised 2 or 3 times in January and after that my motivation was gone completely until I saw a post on tumblr about 6 days ago.


It said that it takes about 21 days to develop a habit so I decided that I'm going to eat healthier, drink more water and exercise more for at least 21 days. 
For every accomplished day I have a post it note with the number of the day that I stick to my wardrobe when I go to bed.
This keeps me super motivated !


Drinking water was always a big problem for me, I never drank more than a litre a day.
Now, I try to drink at least two litres a day and it works quite well !
I like to put lemons and mint into my water so it doesn't taste as boring and, for me, it works wonders.


I am also trying to eat healthier and not to put all that crap into my body.
Sometimes I still have a not-so-healthy snack but all in all I'm doing alright I guess. 
I eat a lot more vegetables and fruit and I started to have a healthy breakfast before school which I never had because I was too lazy to get up earlier.


Exercising is the part that I'm most excited but also most afraid of.
I haven't really exercised properly for at least a year but now I want it to be something that happens on a regular basis.
Me and a friend of mine want to go for a run at least twice a week (we already did it this week and it was amazing :)) to get fitter and also to lose some weight.
I think it's very helpful to have somebody who exercises with you because you can motivate each other and it's a lot more fun !


I will try to stick to these things every day and I hope that I will be a lot healthier and fitter someday :)
I want to live a life that is more active than it is now and I want to feel healthy.

If you also want to get fitter and you need some motivation you should check out #glittergetsfitter and follow Louise on Instagram here . 
For updates you can also follow me on Instagram here.

Have a lovely weekend ! 
Lots of Love,
Jenni
xxx







1 comment:

  1. I've just started a get fit routine, good luck!!
    abbiievo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete