Sunday, 18 May 2014

Breakfast Sunday #1


Breakfast is my absolute favourite meal of the day so I thought that, every Sunday, I'm going to share a breakfast idea with you. At the moment I'm trying to have a really healthy breakfast every morning (which is hard because I'm always running late for school) to give me more energy for the day.

I recently also started to drink green tea every morning because it's supposed to be really healthy and beneficial for weight loss. It isn't the most delicious tea on earth but it tastes alright and the fact that it's really good for you makes it even less horrible.


My first breakfast idea is this bowl of deliciousness!
It is so quick and easy to make and gives you a lot of energy for the day.

1. Greek Yogurt 
Greek yogurt contains nearly no cholesterol or saturated fats so it's really healthy and good for your heart. What it does contain is calcium which strengthens your bones and protein which helps building muscles. Furthermore, it makes you feel full quite fast so you don't have to eat that much of it and it tastes really delicious as well.
I'm just putting a small amount of Greek yogurt as my 'base' into a bowl.

2. Granola
Although it probably isn't the healthiest ingredient of this recipe it is not too bad either and it tastes very delicious. It also contains fiber which helps your digestive system and makes you feel full.
I went for a strawberry wholewheat granola which tastes so amazing and I usually sprinkle about 2-3 tablespoons of it on top of the Greek yogurt.

3. Oats
Oats are seriously so healthy so I try to include them in my breakfast as often as possible.
Eating oats can reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases because they help lowering your cholesterol levels. Moreover, they are a really good source of magnesium and, again, they contain fiber.
I used one teaspoon of oats and put them over the Greek yogurt along with the granola.

4. Almonds
Almonds help you to provide a good brain function because they contain riboflavin and L-carnitine which boosts your brain activity. They also lower the rise of blood sugar and insulin after your meal. Almonds are full of healthy fats and they even help you to lose weight.
I used about two teaspoons of almonds and added them to my bowl, they taste so delicious too.

I then added raisins and blueberries because they are so delicious and healthy.
Of course you can add anything you like (strawberries, bananas, apple etc.) to make this breakfast as delicious as possible


Free Food Blogger Button

What is your favourite breakfast?
Do you have breakfast everyday?

Lots of Love,
Jenni
xxx
.

1 comment:

  1. That does look good, but I'm not a fan of greek yogurt though! The blueberries look so good! :D

    ReplyDelete